Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chilling in the Chilterns

After breakfast we went to the Beacon (Ivinghoe Beacon, a historic and beautiful high hill near where we're staying). It was a very blustery day and the wind at higher elevation was pretty vicious, so we didn't try hiking to the top as we had planned (there is a trail that seems like it could work for Cal's chair). But right by the parking area we were lucky to see two guys flying big remote-control planes, and one of them was kind enough to give Cal a short explanation and demonstration of his plane.
We came home for lunch and then Gill and Jim and Cal's cousins came to visit us here. Brief excitement over the Grand National punctuated a really nice mellow family day.

1 comment:

Rose Gammel said...

I cannot even begin to tell you the emotions I have when I seen these pictures. Cal has been a blessing to all who have come in contact with him. I sure wish I could get a "rose cuddle" from him right about now!! He is the sweetest!!! I hope you are all doing well! Love Rose Gammel - Columbus, Mississippi